Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Transition From C to JAVA

Hello Readers 

When I was in college and underwent a course in OOPS c++ and JAVA ,I wondered why do we need this horrible OOPS when easily solve most of the problems using C . And ofcourse the lecturer who handled OOPS was no good .It made my learning experience worse .

But only after I entered my company and took up the JAVA course I found how easy JAVA is and moreover Eclipse makes programming feel like a cool breeze . The ctrl+space code auto generation feature is awesome which programmers will love .But there are some downsides in JAVA as well .Which I found out after some programming experience .You can't play with the memory in JAVA ie there is no such thing as pointers in JAVA .So when it comes to applications where you have to play with the memory you face a down side .But you have something called as Native Method support in JAVA , where you can write a method implementation in some other programming for a JAVA interface .

So explore JAVA and build applications with ease .