Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lead acid Battery Types Usage

LEAD-ACID BATTERY

Lead Acid batteries were developed in the late 1800s, and were the first commercially practical batteries. They remain popular because they are easy and inexpensive to manufacture. Rechargeable lead-acid batteries have been available since the 1950s and have become the most widely used type of batteries today.

There are three main types of lead acid batteries.

Wet Cell (flooded)

Gel Cell,Absorbed

Glass Mat (AGM).


The Gel Cell and the AGM batteries are specialty batteries that typically cost twice as much as a premium wet cell. However they store very well and do not tend to sulphate or degrade as easily or as easily as wet cell. There is little chance of a hydrogen gas explosion or corrosion when using these batteries. Gel Cell batteries, which are best used in very deep cycle applications, still are being sold but AGM batteries are typically better. In most cases AGM batteries will give greater life span and greater cycle life than a wet cell battery.Why I choose Lead Acid for my project ,I've written in my next post .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi it is good to see u on this coloumn. U are the first to inform the waiting students about your joining.
pl contact me at coa.csir@gmail.com
I am in CECRI Karaikudi

Toshiba Laptop Batteries said...

I think its great that batteries will begin to run through solar energy. I mean its about time that our planet started initiating alternative sources for energy. Ever since I was a youngin', it was all about the four R's//
Reduce
Reuse
Recycle
Restore
And now thank goodness for the futuristic innovations to improve the worlds environment cycle.