Saturday, December 2, 2006

My staircase climbing robot @ Shaastra 2006

This is my staircase climber that I made for shaastra 2006 which did decently well in the contest .It clocked about one and a half minute in the contest.The cool thing my robot is it's extreme simplicity and it was finished in a night ,and only half of the designed mechanism climbed the stairs .I started constructing it only on 5 th october 2 pm(and competition was on 6 th Oct11 am ) as I was concentrating in gold rush (which messed up in last minute).

Watch my bot climbing



This is a very well designed bot built by Anand mugilkar from Mumbai .Their bot used servo motors 3 kg.This is just a 10 second video.

5 comments:

Malavarayan Sankarasubramanian said...

AWESOME great

PKJ said...

I wonder how Mr. Muglikar designed this bot of mine with me having the first prize in that competition for this event. And I belonged to SASTRA university not the IIT.

Somu said...

which motor did u use for staircase climbing?

Swayambhu said...

Mr PKJ, I just shot the video and uploaded it on youtube. This is a mistake. I knew the 1st prize was won by someone from SASTA Thanjavur.

Swayambhu said...

Mr PKJ, I just shot the video and uploaded it on youtube. This is a mistake. I knew the 1st prize was won by someone from SASTR*A Thanjavur.